Pages

Thursday 13 May 2010

Curious Drawers at Stroud International Textiles Festival

Went to Stroud last weekend to the Textile Festival with my sister and had a great time despite the awful weather! There were a series of open studios and exhibitions spread out around the town. One of the best was called 'Curious Drawers' which featured a group of textile artists who call themselves the Brunel Broderers.

It included an interactive piece where you were encouraged to take up a needle and thread to stitch into a chest of drawers. Here is my sister in stitch action:

There was also a great stall area where they were selling little pieces of work; I was so amazed at the fantastic work on display and I fell in love with several of Lizzie Weir's pieces that were for sale; in the end I only bought one but I am thrilled with it and I am sure you will agree its quite beautiful and the composition just sings to me:


Now all I need is a frame...

4 comments:

  1. what an interesting day out.
    THat is a lovely piece indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again we were in the same place. I think Stroud is great, we went to the Art Cafe and there was such a buzz, with workshops going on and good food. Did you see the Farmers Market I have never been to such a good one and a beautiful setting. You may not be so impressed living in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was the cafe we went to; the one next to the upright weaving workshop? Was lovely. Yes I saw a market that had a stall where a guy was selling handmade goat leather bags with some of the hair still on the leather - v. interesting - was that the same market? Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete